Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas


Some holiday seasons are bittersweet. Maybe you’ve lost a parent in the past year, but you also have beautiful children in your life—and you want to make Christmas joyful for them. Or someone in your family is stationed overseas, so how can the holidays be the same?


I guess it all comes down to love—

Love for the ones who’ve gone before us…

for the ones too far away…

for the ones comfortingly near.

That’s what keeps us going.
If I could reach out across time and space,

I would take the hand of every person

I have ever loved,

and draw them all close to me.

And that would be happiness.

And that would be Christmas.


From our family to yours, Merry Christmas!















4 comments:

  1. Very nicely put Bev.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev,you have such a way with words,just like I said on webshots,I wonder where Russ gets his talent! maybe Bill is like that too so I should give him more credit.But you always have a way of making me stop and think about things in a different way and that is a very special gift that God has given you.I treasure your family as the gifts from God that you all four are to us,it might sound hokey to some people but it is true,you four have been a wonderful addition to our family.Merry Christmas to you all.love,Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Bev! Your home sure did look great for Christmas! With your love of Christmas and decorating, I'm so glad you were able to do so after what your family went through!

    God Bless you all through this next year!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! :)

    We just launched St. Charles bookoo - it's a massive online yard sale for St. Charles and surrounding areas.- Thousands of people buying and selling used stuff from each other, in a fun, family-friendly way! :)

    We're getting the word out to some local bloggers, and would like to send you a free bookoo t-shirt (no strings attached!). If you would like a free t-shirt, will you send me an email at kellin@bookoo.com with your address and shirt size? I'll get it out to you right away!

    Check out the website:

    http://stcharles.bookoo.com/


    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete